Sunday, July 14, 2013

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

I chose not to read this series of book. I have a wonderful friend who is always telling me about books and stories that I might enjoy and branch out into different styles. 
She told me about Percy Jackson and how awesome these 5 books are. 
I caved. During one of my trips to the library with my son, I checked out a copy of the first book. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif. I was instantly transported into the story of a young boy discovering his true past. How he then uses this lineage to become a hero among heroes. 
After I read the last page it took me 5 min to get back in the car and drive to the library only to find out that there is a waiting list for the rest of the books. 
Then my bestie came to visit and brought me the rest of the series. Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters, PJ and the Titan's Curse, PJ and the Battle of the Labyrinth, PJ and the Last Olympians. I finished them quite quickly. 
Rick Riordan did a great job in knowing his audience. He wrote these for the young reader and yet can grasp the interest of adults. 
I am always intrigued by Greek mythology. These books bring to light the ancient myths and update them into modern "gods" and how they can hide in our time. 

I recommend these books to those who love to pretend there is something behind the skin. That there are hidden powers behind everything. 

Oh if only I could see behind the "mist".

It took me about 4 days total to read them all but I had a house full of people during this time so I would read whenever there was downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment